This policy describes how the Alberta Shorthand Reporters Association uses and discloses information collected from its members through the membership application and renewal process and the online website profile.
What Do We Use Your Information For?
The information collected by the Alberta Shorthand Reporters Association (ASRA) is compiled in accordance with the requirements under the Professional and Occupational Associations Registration Act (POARA). This includes determining eligibility for certification, maintaining the registers of members, and implementing any disciplinary processes. The information is also used to support activities that further ASRA’s mandate to provide continuing education for members and promote their unparalleled expertise as providers of superior transcript and realtime services.
Who Do We Share Your Information With?
- Information on the Registry of Members must be disclosed to the public upon request and payment of the fee prescribed in the bylaws.
- Under the Professional and Occupational Associations Registration Act, the ASRA is required to provide demographic, education, and scope of practice information to the Minister of Enterprise and Education for workforce planning purposes.
- A member in good standing of the ASRA may request an electronic copy of the membership list and/or access the membership list online.
- ASRA will provide demographic, education, and practice information to the National Court Reporters Association and the Northern Alberta Institute of Technology and membership information which assists them in maintaining their registers and/or determining eligibility for certification.
- A member of the ASRA may choose what information they wish to provide to the Association and may specify that the information given may only be used for the purposes of the membership record and not distributed to other entities.
- The online registration form collects valuable information which assists the ASRA in developing content for seminars and conventions and to meet the evolving professional needs of its membership. Unless otherwise stated, this data collection is kept confidential by the ASRA.
- ASRA may disclose information that is summarized or in a statistical form so that it is not possible to relate the information to any particular identifiable person.
How Can You Access and Correct Your Information?
You may access and correct most information through your online account profile. Information that may not be changed online, such as continuing education points and certifications, must be brought to the attention of the ASRA Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions about the collection, use, and/or disclosure of your information, contact email@example.com.